CAS Around Campus
Each semester, the CAS Dean's Office offers a variety of educational workshops to supplement classroom learning and provide students with additional academic resources.
Fall 2017 Workshops:
- Applying to Graduate School 101 - Thursday, October 12th at 4 p.m. in Cuneo 002
- Writing Personal Statements - Thursday, October 19th at 4 p.m. in Cuneo 002
- Spring Registration Nuts and Bolts - Thursday, October 26th at 4 p.m. in Cuneo 002
Past Workshop Topics:
- Financing Your Graduate School Education
- Grad Students of Color Q&A Panel
- Repaying Your Student Loans
Drop-in Academic Advising: Transfers, Juniors, and Seniors
For current juniors, seniors, and students who transferred to Loyola, drop-in academic advising is offered on a first-come, first-served basis for quick form drop-offs, reviews of current class schedules, and matters that require 10-15 minutes with a CAS academic advisor.
Weekly Drop-in Advising Days/Hours: Monday–Thursday, 11:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m.
- Mondays: Lewis Towers 930 (CAS Dean's Office @ WTC)*
- Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays: Sullivan Center 235 (CAS Dean's Office @ LSC)*
*Drop-in academic advising will not be available during Mid-semester (Fall) Break, Thanksgiving Break, and Final Exam Week.
Fall 2017 Special Drop-in Academic Advising Days at Sullivan 235 and Lewis Towers 930 are scheduled for the following dates:
- August 24-25 (Sullivan 235 only) *See special pre-semester hours at CAS Drop-in Advising Hours.
- August 28-September 1; September 5: Late/Change-of-Registration Week Drop-in Advising
- October 16: January Term 2018 Registration Drop-in Advising
- November 2-3: Spring 2018 Pre-Registration Drop-in Advising; LOCUS Assistance Drop-in Advising
- November 2-3: Check-Your-Graduation-Degree-Audit Days: For seniors who are graduating in Spring 2018 or Summer 2018
- November 3: Last day to withdraw with a “W”
- November 6-10: Spring 2018 Registration Drop-in Advising
*For a complete schedule of drop-in advising hours, visit CAS Drop-in Advising Hours.
Drop-in Academic Advising: First-Year Students and Sophomores
For current first-year students and sophomores, drop-in academic advising is offered by First and Second Year Advising (FSYA) in Sullivan 260. Visit First and Second Year Advising for details.