CAS Around Campus
Drop-in Advising. Workshops. Sound Advice.
Workshops: Fall 2018
Each semester, the CAS Dean's Office offers a variety of educational workshops to supplement classroom learning and provide students with additional academic resources.
Graduate School 101: Application Preparation
An in-depth look at the application process for graduate level programs. Find out ways to make your application stand out and create a timeline for successful application completion. This workshop will be offered at two different times!
- Monday September 10, 2018 at 11:30 a.m.
- Tuesday September 11, 2018 at 4:00 p.m.
Graduate School 101 Part II: How to Write a Personal Statement
Come prepared to for a writing workshop that speaks to all that you have to offer, learn how to write a Personal Statement that allows you to stand out, and find out what makes a Personal Statement well written and well articulated.
- September 25, 2018 at 3:00 p.m.
Spring Registration Nuts and Bolts
Time, Date, and Location TBD
Drop-in Academic Advising: Transfers, Juniors, and Seniors
For current juniors, seniors, and students who transferred to Loyola, drop-in academic advising is offered on a first-come, first-served basis for quick form drop-offs, reviews of current class schedules, and matters that require 10-15 minutes with a CAS academic advisor. Drop-in advising hours are held during the regular Fall and Spring semesters.
Weekly Drop-in Advising Days/Hours: Monday–Thursday, 11:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m.
- Mondays: Lewis Towers 930 (CAS Dean's Office @ WTC)*
- Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays: Sullivan Center 235 (CAS Dean's Office @ LSC)*
*Drop-in academic advising will not be available during Mid-semester (Fall) Break, Thanksgiving Break, Winter Break (between Fall and Spring semester), Spring Break, Easter Break, Final Exam Weeks, or during the summer (May-August).
Fall 2018 Special Extended Drop-in Academic Advising Days at Sullivan 235 and Lewis Towers 930 are scheduled for the following dates:
- August 23-24 (Sullivan 235 only): *See special pre-semester hours at CAS Drop-in Advising Hours.
- August 24-31; September 4: Late/Change-of-Registration Week Drop-in Advising
- October 15: January Term 2019 Registration Drop-in Advising
- November 1-2: Spring 2019 Pre-Registration Drop-in Advising
- November 1-2: Check-Your-Graduation-Degree-Audit Days: For seniors who are graduating in Spring 2019 or Summer 2019
- November 2: Last day to withdraw with a “W”
- November 5-9: Spring 2019 Registration Drop-in Advising
*For a complete schedule of drop-in advising hours, visit CAS Drop-in Advising Hours.
Spring 2018 Special Extended Drop-in Academic Advising Days at Sullivan 235 and Lewis Towers 930 are scheduled for the following dates:
- January 16-19; 22: Late/Change-of-Registration Week Drop-in Advising
- February 12: Summer Session 2018 Registration Drop-in Advising
- March 26: Last day to withdraw with a “W”
- April 12-13: Check-Your-Graduation-Degree-Audit Days: For seniors who are graduating in Fall 2018
- April 12-13: Fall 2018 Pre-Registration Drop-in Advising
- April 16-20: Fall 2018 Registration Drop-in Advising
Drop-in Academic Advising: First-Year Students and Sophomores
For current first-year students and sophomores, drop-in academic advising is offered by First and Second Year Advising (FSYA) in Sullivan 260. Visit First and Second Year Advising for details.