CAS Around Campus
Each semester, the CAS Dean's Office offers a variety of educational workshops to supplement classroom learning and provide students with additional academic resources.
Be on the lookout for the Spring 2018 Semester Workshop lineup......(dates and locations TBA)
Diversity & Equity Graduate Student Panel- In honor of Black History Month, a panel of black graduate students will discuss diversity topics related to college campuses, specifically Loyola University Chicago. Sharing their personal experiences, and offering their own unique perspectives on diversity and equity in higher education
How to make your Engaged Learning Experience work for you: An in-depth look at how your Engaged Learning requirement can equip and prepare you for a career after college. Find out ways to maximize your experience and articulate it for future employment opportunities
Cover Letters & Resume 101 + LinkedIn Etiquette: Come prepared to: Polish and refine your experiences into a Resume that speaks to all that you have to offer, learn how to write Cover Letters that stand out, and find out how to navigate LinkedIn and Social Media etiquette in the working world
Drop-in Academic Advising: Transfers, Juniors, and Seniors
For current juniors, seniors, and students who transferred to Loyola, drop-in academic advising is offered on a first-come, first-served basis for quick form drop-offs, reviews of current class schedules, and matters that require 10-15 minutes with a CAS academic advisor.
Weekly Drop-in Advising Days/Hours: Monday–Thursday, 11:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m.
- Mondays: Lewis Towers 930 (CAS Dean's Office @ WTC)*
- Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays: Sullivan Center 235 (CAS Dean's Office @ LSC)*
*Drop-in academic advising will not be available during Mid-semester (Fall) Break, Thanksgiving Break, Spring Break, Easter Break, and Final Exam Weeks.
Spring 2018 Special Drop-in Academic Advising Days at Sullivan 235 and Lewis Towers 930 are scheduled for the following dates:
- January 16-19; 22: Late/Change-of-Registration Week Drop-in Advising
- February 12:Summer Session 2018 Registration Drop-in Advising
- March 26: Last day to withdraw with a “W”
- April 12-13: Check-Your-Graduation-Degree-Audit Days: For seniors who are graduating in Fall 2018
- April 12-13:Fall 2018 Pre-Registration Drop-in Advising
- April 16-20: Fall 2018 Registration Drop-in Advising
Fall 2017 Special Drop-in Academic Advising Days at Sullivan 235 and Lewis Towers 930 are scheduled for the following dates:
- August 24-25 (Sullivan 235 only): *See special pre-semester hours at CAS Drop-in Advising Hours.
- August 28-September 1; September 5: Late/Change-of-Registration Week Drop-in Advising
- October 16: January Term 2018 Registration Drop-in Advising
- November 2-3:Spring 2018 Pre-Registration Drop-in Advising
- November 2-3: Check-Your-Graduation-Degree-Audit Days: For seniors who are graduating in Spring 2018 or Summer 2018
- November 3: Last day to withdraw with a “W”
- November 6-10: Spring 2018 Registration Drop-in Advising
*For a complete schedule of drop-in advising hours, visit CAS Drop-in Advising Hours.
Drop-in Academic Advising: First-Year Students and Sophomores
For current first-year students and sophomores, drop-in academic advising is offered by First and Second Year Advising (FSYA) in Sullivan 260. Visit First and Second Year Advising for details.