CAS Around Campus
Drop-in Advising. Workshops. Sound Advice.
Workshops: Spring 2018
Each semester, the CAS Dean's Office offers a variety of educational workshops to supplement classroom learning and provide students with additional academic resources.
How to Make your Engaged Learning Experience Work for You
An in-depth look at how your Engaged Learning requirement can equip and prepare you for a career after college. Find out ways to maximize your experience and articulate it for future employment opportunities.
- Wednesday March 28, 2018 at 4:00 p.m.
Cuneo Hall, Room 231
Cover Letters & Resume 101 + LinkedIn Etiquette
Come prepared to polish and refine your experiences into a Resume that speaks to all that you have to offer, learn how to write Cover Letters that stand out, and find out how to navigate LinkedIn and Social Media etiquette in the working world.
- Thursday April 26th, 2018 at 3:00 p.m.
Cuneo Hall, Room 231
Drop-in Academic Advising: Transfers, Juniors, and Seniors
For current juniors, seniors, and students who transferred to Loyola, drop-in academic advising is offered on a first-come, first-served basis for quick form drop-offs, reviews of current class schedules, and matters that require 10-15 minutes with a CAS academic advisor. Drop-in advising hours are held during the regular Fall and Spring semesters.
Weekly Drop-in Advising Days/Hours: Monday–Thursday, 11:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m.
- Mondays: Lewis Towers 930 (CAS Dean's Office @ WTC)*
- Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays: Sullivan Center 235 (CAS Dean's Office @ LSC)*
*Drop-in academic advising will not be available during Mid-semester (Fall) Break, Thanksgiving Break, Winter Break (between Fall and Spring semester), Spring Break, Easter Break, Final Exam Weeks, or during the summer (May-August).
Spring 2018 Special Extended Drop-in Academic Advising Days at Sullivan 235 and Lewis Towers 930 are scheduled for the following dates:
- January 16-19; 22: Late/Change-of-Registration Week Drop-in Advising
- February 12: Summer Session 2018 Registration Drop-in Advising
- March 26: Last day to withdraw with a “W”
- April 12-13: Check-Your-Graduation-Degree-Audit Days: For seniors who are graduating in Fall 2018
- April 12-13: Fall 2018 Pre-Registration Drop-in Advising
- April 16-20: Fall 2018 Registration Drop-in Advising
Fall 2017 Special Extended Drop-in Academic Advising Days at Sullivan 235 and Lewis Towers 930 are scheduled for the following dates:
- August 24-25 (Sullivan 235 only): *See special pre-semester hours at CAS Drop-in Advising Hours.
- August 28-September 1; September 5: Late/Change-of-Registration Week Drop-in Advising
- October 16: January Term 2018 Registration Drop-in Advising
- November 2-3: Spring 2018 Pre-Registration Drop-in Advising
- November 2-3: Check-Your-Graduation-Degree-Audit Days: For seniors who are graduating in Spring 2018 or Summer 2018
- November 3: Last day to withdraw with a “W”
- November 6-10: Spring 2018 Registration Drop-in Advising
*For a complete schedule of drop-in advising hours, visit CAS Drop-in Advising Hours.
Drop-in Academic Advising: First-Year Students and Sophomores
For current first-year students and sophomores, drop-in academic advising is offered by First and Second Year Advising (FSYA) in Sullivan 260. Visit First and Second Year Advising for details.