B.A., Randolph-Macon College
Ph.D., Cornell University
Greek religion, epigraphy, archaeology
- Master Teacher, College of Arts and Sciences (2014)
Select Books and Book Chapters:
- What Shall I Say of Clothes? Theoretical and Methodological Approaches to the Study of Dress in Antiquity. SPAAA 3. co-edited with M. Cifarelli. Boston: Archaeological Institute of America, 2017.
- The Athenian Agora Museum Guide. Princeton: American School of Classical Studies at Athens, 2014.
- The Sacred Law of Andania: a New Text with Commentary. Sozomena 11. Berlin: de Gruyter, 2012.
- "Greek Religion and Epigraphic Corpora: What's Sacrae about Leges Sacrae?," In Greek Epigraphy and Religion, edited by E. Mackil and N. Papazarkadas. Leiden: Brill, 2021.
- "Pericles, Cincinnatus, and Zombies: Classicizing Nostalgia in The Walking Dead (2010-)," In Screening the Golden Ages of the Classical Tradition, edited by M. E. Safran. Edinburgh: Edinburgh University Press, 2018.
- "Securing the Sacred: The Accessibility and Control of Attic Sanctuaries." In Cities Called Athens, edited by K. Daly and L. A. Riccardi. Lanham, Maryland: Bucknell University Press, 2014.
- Loom Weights in Greek Sanctuaries: Problems and Possibilities," Archaeological Institute of America Annual Meeting, 7 January 2021
- "Managing the Ebb and Flow of Competing Claims on Sacred Space," Logistics in Greek Sanctuaries, Swedish Institute at Athens, 13 September 2018
- "A Religion without Priests?: Dressing the Dynamic Identities of Greek Religious Personnel," Outward Appearance vs. Inward Significance: Addressing Identities through Attire in the Ancient World, Oriental Institute of the University of Chicago, 1 March 2018