College of Arts and Sciences
The College of Arts & Sciences will hold two ceremonies on Friday, May 11, 2018, at Gentile Arena on Loyola's Lake Shore Campus:
- The Morning ceremony will be held at 10:00 a.m.
- The Afternoon ceremony will be held at 3:00 p.m.
- African Studies and the African Diaspora
- Anthropology (BA and BS)
- Classical Studies (Classical Civilization, Greek, Latin)
- Computer Science (Communication Networks & Security, Computer Science, Information Technology, Software Engineering, Cybersecurity)
- Criminal Justice & Criminology
- English (English, Creative Writing)
- Fine and Performing Arts (Art History, Music, Studio Art, Theatre, Visual Communication)
- Forensic Science
- Human Services
- Global and International Studies
- Mathematics and Statistics (Math, Math & Computer Science, Math Education, Statistics)
- Modern Languages and Literatures (French, Italian, Spanish)
- Philosophy (Philosophy, Social Justice)
- Political Science
- Sociology (including Sociology-Anthropology combined major)
- Theology (Religious Studies, Theology)
- Women’s Studies and Gender Studies
- Biology (Biology, Ecology, Molecular Biology)
- Chemistry (Chemistry, Biochemistry, and Chemistry-BA)
- Physics (Biophysics, Physics, Physics & Computer Science, Theoretical Physics & Applied Math)
- Psychology (all concentrations)
The College of Arts & Sciences (CAS) is in search of two graduating CAS seniors (class of 2018) to speak on behalf of the graduating class. We are seeking one Bachelor of Arts graduate and one Bachelor of Science graduate. Candidates interested in delivering the speech or who would like to nominate another student should apply by February 19. The speech should be three to five minutes in length. Ideally, the speech should reflect on the experience of graduates at a Jesuit university.
Interested graduates must send a letter of intent, along with an abstract of their speech and a brief resume, to the College of Arts & Sciences, Sullivan Center Room 235, Attn: Joyce Knight, by February 19. It is important to include a telephone number and an address where you or your nominee may be contacted during the semester. Selected applicants will be notified by the College Committee on Commencement in early March, and the final selection will be made by late March. If you have any further questions, please telephone or e-mail the College of Arts & Sciences at the contact information listed below.