Frequently Asked Questions
Will Commencement 2022 be held in person?
Yes, Loyola University Chicago fully intends to host Commencement 2022 in person as long as we are in accordance with local and state government COVID-19 protocols.
How will I receive updates about Commencement?
All information regarding Commencement will be sent to your LUC.edu e-mail address. It is the responsibility of each graduate to maintain your LUC.edu e-mail address and to check frequently for updates and information.
I didn’t receive any emails about Commencement, what do I do?
Most emails regarding Commencement are sent from commencement@LUC.edu and/or Dean’s Offices. Please check your SPAM or JUNK folders. If you are not receiving our emails, please contact your Dean’s Office to confirm your graduation status.
How do I register for Commencement?
When will I receive my diploma?
Can I get a refund for the graduation fee if I choose not to participate in Commencement?
The one-time graduation fee assessed to students covers the cost of the diploma and cover, mailing fees, and other expenses associated with graduation. All graduates must pay the fee, regardless of participation in the ceremony. Your fees will ensure that you receive your diploma and will support the Commencement ceremonies.
How do I order my cap and gown?
Graduates can begin ordering their regalia on Monday, January 24. Online regalia orders will only be accepted through Friday, February 18. This regalia will be available for pick-up during Grad Fairs on campus.
If you do not pre-order your regalia, you can purchase regalia at the Lake Shore Campus, Water Tower Campus or Health Sciences Campus Grad Fairs or visit the Lake Shore Campus or Water Tower Campus bookstores after April 13. Please visit the regalia page to learn more about ordering and visit the Grad Fair page to learn more about Grad Fair.
To place your regalia order, visit the Jostens website.
NOTE: The following pre-order regalia deadlines are for the School of Law and Stritch School of Medicine only:
- Friday, March 25: Deadline for Stritch students to pre-order their regalia
- Thursday, March 31: Deadline for Law students to pre-order their regalia
Is regalia required to participate in my Commencement ceremony?
Yes, regalia is required to participate in each Commencement ceremony.
What about my Honor Cords?
Please contact your Dean's Office for more information about honor or military cord distribution.
I do not currently reside in the United States – can I still order regalia?
If you live outside of the United States and would like to order regalia, please contact commencement@LUC.edu.
I ordered my regalia but my tassel, tam, or something else is broken or missing.
Jostens will be able to assist you with any questions about your regalia order. Please contact them at 800.854.7464.
What else can I order through Jostens?
Jostens also offers graduation announcements, diploma frames, and class rings. You can place orders on the Jostens website.
How do I register for Commencement?
Do I need to register to participate in commencement?
Yes, if you would like to participate in your college, school or institute ceremony during Commencement Week you must register for Commencement by Wednesday, May 4.
Why am I being asked to give consent when I register for Commencement?
Loyola University Chicago will feature students in a variety of ways during the 2022 Commencement Week, including recognition of graduating students in the Commencement program book and recognition of participating graduating students at each Commencement ceremony. Each Commencement ceremony will also be available on YouTube. By agreeing, you are giving your consent to appear publicly on Loyola’s website. If you do not wish to consent, please contact commencement@LUC.edu on how to register for Commencement.
Why am I being asked to "pledge to reflect deeply and critically upon the social and environmental impacts..."?
In Spring of 2020, Student Government of Loyola Chicago passed a resolution to invite all students to make a commitment at graduation to bring the social and environmental justice values they engage with during their time at Loyola into their careers and future endeavors.
Do my guests need tickets to attend my ceremony?
Yes, each guest must have a ticket to enter Gentile Arena. Tickets will be released to students in March. Please continue to check your LUC email address for ticket updates.
What COVID-19 guidelines are in place for each ceremony?
For information regarding COVID-19 and visiting campus, please visit this page.
Will each ceremony be livestreamed?
Yes, each ceremony will be livestreamed.
Senior Send-Off: General
How do I get tickets?
- If you are an approved graduating undergraduate student, you will receive emails entailing updates on how to reserve your tickets.
How do I purchase my tickets?
- You will receive links to LUC Marketplace to purchase your tickets. Please note, to check out, you have to be disconnected to LUC wireless. Please use data or find a wireless connection off-campus to complete your transaction.
When do I pickup tickets?
- Weekend at Broadway in Chicago and Loyola Night with the Chicago Cubs tickets will be sent virtually to your LUC.edu email address. Senior Toast will have physical tickets for you and your optional guest. Ticket pick-up times will be determined closer to the date.
Can I exchange or refund my tickets?
- No, all sales are final. There will be no exceptions for exchanges or refunds.
How do I sit with my friends for Weekend at Broadway in Chicago and Loyola Night with the Chicago Cubs?
- If you and others are interested in being seated together, you must each put each other’s name(s) when you are purchasing tickets on Marketplace. Failure to do so will result in randomized ticket distribution with no guarantee of being seated together.
Do I have to be a senior?
- Yes, you must be an undergraduate class of 2022 senior to attend Loyola Night with the Chicago Cubs and Senior Toast.
Senior Send-Off: Weekend at Broadway in Chicago
How do I get to CIBC Theatre?
- To get to the CIBC Theatre, you may use personal, public, or rideshare transportation. There are parking garages near the theatre, but it may be costly and limited. You can use your U-Pass to take public transit through the CTA system. Please practice safety and precaution for your routes to and from the theatre.
How much are tickets?
- Tickets are $15 and limited to one purchase per LUC ID.
Does the CIBC Theatre have any other rules to follow?
- To prepare yourself for the show, please refer to Broadway in Chicago’s list of things to know Before You Go.
Can I get tickets for both days?
- No, you may only get one ticket for one of the dates. This allows for more students to be able to attend and enjoy the musical.
Senior Send-Off: Loyola Night with the Chicago Cubs
How do I get there?
- To get to Wrigley Field, You may use personal, public, or rideshare transportation to get to Wrigley Field. There are parking garages near the venue, but they may be costly and limited. You can use your U-Pass to take public transit through the CTA system. Please practice safety and precaution for your routes to and from the theatre.
Who is playing?
- The Chicago Cubs will be competing against the Tampa Bay Rays from St. Petersburg, Florida.
What is the attire?
- There is no dress code for the baseball game, but attendees tend to wear attire that matches the team they are supporting. As it is Loyola Night, wearing LUC attire is highly encouraged!
Senior Send-Off: Senior Toast
Do I have to be 21 years old to get a champagne flute?
- Yes. To consume alcoholic beverages in the United States and Illinois, you must be at least 21 years of age.
Will there be nonalcoholic options?
- Yes. Nonalcoholic beverage options will be available.
Can I get more than one champagne flute?
- No. Flutes are limited to one per student.
How many tickets do I get?
- You are allotted one ticket for yourself and up to one additional ticket for a guest.