Community Action Scholarship Recipient 2015
Goals of 2015-2016 Community Action Scholarship Initiative:
- Provide hands-on, environmental learning opportunities for school-aged students in the Rogers Park and Edgewater communities.
- Work with students & teachers to build and host monarch habitats in Edgewater and Rogers Park.
Through the Community Action Scholarship Initiative, Marina will provide experiential learning opportunities at local schools by:
- Offering a complimentary lecture and/ or hands-on workshops for local students about monarchs and their habitats
- Establishing a Monarch Habitat on school campuses: a small milkweed plant target area that will serve as an ongoing science and sustainability learning area.
- Fall 2015: Provide Educational Workshops for students & community memebers
- Fall 2015: Install Monarch Habitat on School Campuses throughout Rogers Park and Edgewater
- Spring 2016: Follow-up with project partners to ensure success of Milkweed/Monarch habitats
To make a gift to the Community Action Scholarship Fund, follow this link and click “Direct Your Gift to Community Action Scholarship Fund.”