Open House Chicago
Loyola Opens its Doors for Chicago Architectural Foundation
In celebration of old and new, Loyola University will be a featured host for Chicago Architectural Foundation’s annual Open House Chicago event.
Open House Chicago is a free public event that offers behind-the-scenes access to over 150 buildings across Chicago, and welcomes up to 25,000 guests during the weekend of October 13-14. For this year’s event, Loyola will be providing tours of three buildings on campus, including its recently renovated:
- Mundelein Center for the Fine and Performing Arts
- LEED silver certified Information Commons, and
- The historic, Art-Deco Madonna della Strada Chapel
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to see Mundelein’s new state-of-the-art theater, dance, and music spaces, the eco-friendly, climate controlled “smart-rooms” of the Information Commons, or the ornamental detailing and historic catacombs of Madonna della Strada.
Specific tour dates and times for these featured sites are as follows:
- Mundelein Center Oct 13 & 14th: Saturday 3:30-5pm & Sunday 9am-5pm with tours provided every half hour
- Information Commons Oct 13th, 14th Saturday 9am-5pm, Sunday 10am-5pm
- Madonna della Strada, October 13th, 9am-5pm.
Join us on October 13th and 14th in celebrating the new architectural developments and the antique buildings that beautify our scenic Lake Shore Campus!
For further information on this event, please visit: http://www.openhousechicago.org
Madonna della Strada Chapel, one of Loyola's
buildings featured in Open House Chicago