|Message Sent To:||All Faculty, All Staff, All Students|
|Message From:||Message from the Wellness Center, Message from Facilities|
|Date Sent:||Monday, January 11, 2021 11:00 AM CST|
Testing Is Open! Here's What to Know.
January 11, 2021
Dear Students, Faculty, and Staff,
Loyola University Chicago’s surveillance testing sites are officially open! As you prepare to test this semester, here are key things to keep in mind. Following these short steps will help keep wait times low and the process painless.
Before you arrive
- Read and sign your surveillance testing consent form. You can find this form on the Enterprise Learning Hub.
- Download your Loyola Mobile app. The app now offers a Loyola Health function right at the top.
- Create a patient account with MySHIELD (our patient management system). If you have not already, please click here for more information.
- Download the MyChart mobile app (from wherever you download mobile applications). MyChart provides mobile access to MySHIELD for scheduling visits and viewing your test results. During initial setup, select “SHIELD Illinois” as your organization.
- Schedule an appointment in advance using MyChart. When doing so, select “Shield Loyola University – LSC, WTC, HSC” as the location. This is the valid location for all four campus testing sites.
On your testing day
- Complete the Symptom Checker, which you can access through the Loyola Mobile app.
- Don't eat or drink for 60 minutes prior to your appointment. Also refrain from brushing your teeth, using mouthwash, chewing gum, applying dental adhesives, or using tobacco for at least one hour before submitting your saliva sample.
- Come to one of the testing locations during scheduled operating hours. More information about hours and locations can be found here. If your schedule permits, follow the pattern of testing Mondays and/or Thursdays if your last name starts with A-K and Tuesdays and/or Fridays if your last name starts with L-Z.
- Follow Loyola’s preferred safety practices on campus. Bring your Loyola ID and your cell phone, wear a mask or face covering at all times, and maintain at least six feet of distance from others.
- In line, pull up your Loyola app. Have the app open to the Health function (located at the top) and be prepared to show the scrolling green bars in the app.
Should you have further questions, please consult Loyola’s On-Campus Testing site, the Return to Campus checklist, or email COVID-19testing@LUC.edu. Thanks for your assistance in this process that we hope will keep all of us healthy and safe!
Joan Holden, DNP, APRN, ANP-BC
Health and Safety Officer, Management, Policy, and Command
Director, Wellness Center
Associate Vice President for Facilities