|Message Sent To:||All Faculty, All Staff, All Students|
|Message From:||Message from the Office of the President|
|Date Sent:||Sunday, April 11, 2021 06:05 PM CDT|
Tomorrow: Vaccine Eligibility Expands for Loyola Students
April 11, 2021
We are excited to share that all students will be eligible to register for COVID-19 vaccine appointments in Illinois starting tomorrow, Monday, April 12! We encourage you to schedule an appointment for your vaccination.
Below are important details on timing and eligibility:
- Starting on Monday, April 12, Illinois residents age 16 or older will be eligible to make an appointment for a vaccine outside of Chicago.
- If you live in Chicago and are age 16 or older, you are welcome to travel outside Chicago to receive a vaccine in Illinois or Indiana.
- If you live in Chicago and you want to get a vaccine in Chicago, the Chicago Department of Public Health plans to open appointments to Chicagoans age 16 or older starting on Monday, April 19.
Below are some general resources on the vaccine and finding appointments:
- Find appointment scheduling and vaccination locations outside of Chicago on the Illinois Department of Public Health website.
- Find appointment scheduling and vaccination locations in Indiana, where supply is available.
- Watch a webinar of Loyola’s faculty experts discussing the vaccines and vaccination.
- View additional vaccine resources on Loyola’s vaccine information page.
Again, we encourage all Loyolans to make an appointment and receive the vaccine as soon as you are eligible. We know that scheduling an appointment takes patience and perseverance; we also know the vaccine will help protect your health and the health of the entire Loyola University Chicago community.
Even if you have received a vaccine, please continue to comply with on-campus COVID-19 testing, wear a mask, and practice physical distancing. If you have questions, please email COVID-19support@LUC.edu.
Stay well, and thank you for doing your part to keep yourself and our community healthy.
Thomas M. Kelly
Senior Vice President for Administrative Services
Office of the President
Joan Holden, DNP, APRN, ANP-BC
Director, Wellness Center