|Message Sent To:||All Undergraduate Continuing Students (Sophomores, Juniors, Seniors)|
|Message From:||Message from the Office of the Provost|
|Date Sent:||Wednesday, June 17, 2020 11:15 AM CDT|
Answering Your Additional Questions about Fall 2020
Dear Undergraduate Students,
Last week, we sent you an email detailing some of our plans for courses in the fall semester, as well as a survey asking your preferences for online and on-campus classes. Nearly 62 percent of you submitted survey responses, which is an incredible response rate for an email survey. Thank you for taking the time to complete this survey! Your feedback is very important to us as we fine-tune our course offerings for the fall.
We also received many inquiries from you as a result of the email about fall semester. Below are some frequently asked questions and additional information. Click through for the full answers.
- When will the fall semester start? Read the answer
- When will we know if Loyola will be able to hold on-campus classes? Read the answer
- When can I begin checking my class schedule and changing my registration, if necessary? Read the answer
- If Loyola is able to hold on-campus classes, why aren’t all classes being held on campus? Read the answer
- How will I know if a class is being offered online or on campus? Read the answer
- I am registered for a course that has only one section and it is taught on campus. How do I take this course online? Read the answer
- How do I let my instructor know that I will be taking a course online? Read the answer
- Will every single course have an online component this fall? Read the answer
- How will the fall be different from past semesters? Read the answer
Even with these changes, we are confident that you will find all faculty and staff will be as committed as ever to providing you with the Loyola University Chicago education and experience that you have come to expect from us.
Thank you again for your understanding and patience as we make preparations for the fall semester. Like all colleges and universities in Illinois and around the nation, we are working diligently to prepare for a very different semester from any we have ever experienced.
We also thank you for your questions and feedback as they have been instrumental in helping us frame our ideas for serving you this fall. If you have any further questions, you can write to the COVID-19 support mailbox or check our COVID-19 website.
Norberto M. Grzywacz, PhD
Provost and Chief Academic Officer
Vice Provost, Office of Institutional Effectiveness
Alternate Section Chief, Academic Continuity Working Group
Vice Provost, Academic Programs & Planning
Section Chief, Academic Continuity Working Group
NOTE: This message was also shared with Undergraduate students' parents. Click here to view the message.