Master of Business Administration
MBA degree; MBA dual degrees
Today’s dynamic global business economy is characterized by the need for continuous innovation, integrated approaches to problem-solving, and responsible decision-making. Loyola’s Quinlan School of Business MBA degree program prepares successful leaders who embrace the need for change and whose core values include ethical, values-based leadership and social responsibility. The program is designed to provide a solid foundation in management and leadership skills, integrate business disciplines, hone critical-thinking skills, explore business issues in a global context, and develop responsible leaders. We offer a flexible, practical curriculum with the opportunity to study full or part time.
- Students can complete concentrations in specific business disciplines or pursue a dual degree.
- MBA program is consistently ranked among the top programs by BusinessWeek and U.S. News & World Report.
- Responsible leadership is a governing theme in each program, giving participants the tools to identify and navigate ethical dilemmas in the workplace.
- Programs feature an ingrained global perspective. Study-abroad courses accommodate the schedules of working professionals.
- Quinlan School of Business programs carry accreditation from the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). Less than 5 percent of business programs in the world share this distinction.
Earning the MBA requires completion of between 14 and 18 courses. Each course represents three hours of credit and is taught in 10-week quarters. A student may enter the program at the beginning of any quarter. A maximum of four courses from the fundamental core may be waived for qualified students, depending on their academic background. For the most up-to-date information on courses, visit LUC.edu/quinlan.
Areas of Concentration
- Accounting (four courses required)
- Business Ethics
- Derivative Markets
- Human Resource Management
- Information Systems
- International Business
- Legal Environment (for MBA/JD students)
- Operations Management
- Risk Management
MBA Dual Degree Programs
- MBA/Master of Science in Accountancy
- MBA/Master of Science in Finance
- MBA/Master of Science in Human Resources
- MBA/Master of Science in Marketing
- MBA/Master of Science in Nursing (MBA/MSN)
- MBA/Master of Science in Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics (MBA/MS)
- MBA/Master of Science in Supply Chain Management
- MBA/Juris Doctor (MBA/JD)
Students interested in the MBA or MBA/MSN programs must first apply and be accepted to Loyola’s Stritch School of Medicine for the MS in Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics or Loyola’s Marcella Niehoff School of Nursing for the MSN.
Location and Facilities
Students can take courses at Loyola’s Water Tower Campus in the new state-of-the art Schreiber Center, in Vernon Hills at Loyola’s Cuneo Mansion & Gardens, or online.
Faculty members are experienced, nationally recognized leaders in their fields. They integrate research and practical experiences into the classroom and are committed to being accessible and available to students. Industry experts participate in courses as guest lecturers and/or adjunct faculty.
Applicants may apply for admission in any of our four quarters. For additional program information and full application requirements, please visit LUC.edu/quinlan/mba. To apply, visit gpem.LUC.edu/apply.
The application and supporting documents should be submitted online. Alternatively, information can be sent to: