Our dedicated staff members are working remotely to support students, wherever they are. If you are a student who is in need of support, has questions about navigating the university during these challenging times, or are in distress (or know a student who is), please submit a referral.
What the student of concern can expect from the DOS team after a referral is submitted:
- A DOS case manager will contact the student of concern
- A DOS case manager may schedule a meeting by phone or Zoom to discuss the concern
- A DOS case manager will work with the student of concern to develop a plan of action
- A DOS case manager will connect the student of concern to the necessary resources as needed
Immediate COVID-19 Resources
- Stimulus Payment Info Flyer
- CFPB Guide to Stimulus Relief
- Benefits.gov Benefit Finder
- Chicago City Treasurer Resources
The Office of the Dean of Students is prepared to support students by connecting them to the right resources at Loyola and assisting them in navigating personal concerns. If a Rambler becomes unwell, please follow the steps listed below to receive support:
- Students, faculty, and staff who have tested positive for COVID-19 must report their case to the University as soon as possible by e-mailing COVID-19report@LUC.edu or by calling 773.508.7707.
- All information will be kept confidential. This means that only staff who will be supporting students with a positive diagnosis will be aware of test results. This will include medical providers, a contact tracer, and appropriate residence life staff.
- For students living in the residence halls, a COVID Care Coordinator will work with you to ensure that all of your needs are met after being diagnosed with COVID-19.
- If you need assistance in navigating academic concerns, submit a referral here and your academic advisor or DOS case manager will contact you to offer support.
- Please note: This guidance may change. To receive the most current updates, visit Loyola's "Return to Campus" website.
The Office of the Dean of Students understands the complexities of engaging in a virtual academic setting. It is important for students to prioritize their mental health, especially if they are separated from community supports they would otherwise receive on campus.
Finding mental health support
- If you live out of state, please continue to work with your personal health care provider to establish individual therapy or psychiatric services. If you need assistance in identifying health care providers, call the Wellness Center at 773-508-8883 (leave a message if call is not answered) or schedule a nurse triage appointment online.
- If you are in state and seeking mental health services, please call the Wellness Center at 773-508-8883 (leave a message if call is not answered) or schedule a nurse triage appointment online.
- For general questions or concerns about using these resources, submit a CARE referral.
Resources from the Wellness Center
- In-State students: Individual therapy and psychiatry services are only available to students living in the state of Illinois.
- Out-of State students: Ramblers can still schedule a phone triage appointment and a mental health professional will help you connect to other available resources.
- Some group therapy will be available to out-of-state students; some will be restricted to IL residents
- Click here to explore additional resources from the Wellness Center.