(This program has been discontinued)
- Curriculum Structure & Emphasis
- Support for Teachers
- Technology & Materials
- Earth & Environmental Science in Inquiry to Build Content
- Samples of Student Work
- Teacher Perspectives
- Record of Support in Urban Districts
- An integrated series of courses across traditional content areas that reinforces critical skills and knowledge that students should acquire in high school science.
- An inquiry approach that engages students in learning as they conduct investigations to build understanding of important science content. A significant element of this design involves teachers facilitating discussions of students’ ideas.
- Use of a consistent set of probeware across all years that promotes students’ ability to perform scientific inquiry and learn at higher levels without having to spend time each year training with new equipment.
- Investigations and activities that are tailored to meet the needs of a range of CPS students.
- A reading and writing intensive program that focuses on building students’ skills across all subject areas.