Parent and Family Resources

Welcome to the Center for Student Assistance and Advocacy  

The college experience may result in excitement, stress, and confusion all at the same time. It is common for students to feel overwhelmed as they adjust to being on their own and in their new environment.


We encourage you to keep communication lines open with your student and be informed about the many resources at Loyola. This site is created to help you help your student. Take a moment to browse through the information, and if you have questions or if you prefer to talk with someone, don’t hesitate to contact the Office of the Dean of Students at 773.508.8840.


Report a Concern

The best way for us to help your student is to report your concern as soon as possible. If you have an emergency, please call Campus Safety at 773.508.SAFE (7233) or Chicago emergency services at 911. All other student matters can be referred to the Office of the Dean of Students by submitting a report through the CSAA homepage:



Frequently Asked Questions

My student is clearly struggling but will not talk to me. How can I help?

Students are sometimes reluctant or embarrassed to share their struggles with their parents and may be more open to speaking with a staff member. We will contact your student to offer assistance.

I am concerned about my student’s sudden change in behavior. What should I do?

If you are concerned for the immediate safety of your student or the community, please contact Campus Safety right away: 773.508.SAFE (7233).

If your concern is urgent, but is not an emergency, please report your student concern or contact the Office of the Dean of Students during business hours to discuss options and resources at 773.508.8840.

If I report a concern, am I getting my student or other students involved in trouble?

When addressing any student concern, we are committed to caring for the whole student. In cases where a student may have violated a Community Standard, the Office of Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution will address the alleged misconduct and may initiate the student conduct process. All other student concerns are addressed by the Office of the Dean of Students.

My student has a diagnosed medical or mental health condition. Should I notify someone?

While some parents and students do share information with key areas like the Wellness Center and the Student Accessibility Center, it is your student’s choice to share any information they feel comfortable disclosing if it will help their success at Loyola.

I have concerns/questions about safety on campus. Where can I get information?

Call Campus Safety at 773.508.SAFE (7233) or visit their website for more information: Campus Safety.