Reimagine 3 Video Contest
As part of the grand opening festivities, the Damen Student Center has partnered with the School of Communications to offer the Reimagine 3 Video Contest, calling for Loyola students to submit their short films by 11:59 p.m. on March 24. Entries will be shown in the Damen Center's new movie cinema throughout the day on April 3, 2013.
What should the film be about?
In no more than one (1) minute the film needs to answer the question: "Why Loyola?" It must incorporate the following:
- The number 3 in some form (since the Damen Student Center is Phase 3 of Loyola's Reimagine campaign)
- An exterior shot of the north side of the Damen Student Center at Lake Shore Campus
- A shot of the Loyola shield, located in the Terry Student Center lobby at Water Tower Campus
What are the formatting and content rules?
Films must include no more than 5 seconds of credits at the end (not included in the 1 minute time) that list all members of the group. The film can be any genre or style. Content reminder: If you wouldn't want your grandmother to see it, then you probably shouldn't submit it.
What is the deadline and where do I submit my film?
All films must be uploaded to igNation by 11:59 p.m. on March 24, 2013. There are no exceptions. Please indicate that the film is part of the "Reimagine 3 Video Contest" in the video description.
Who can enter?
Any student is eligible to submit a film and is eligible to win. Teams are limited to no more than 4 people.
What could I win?
The grand prize winner will receive a $400 Adobe gift card. The top five winning films will be show before each movie playing in the new cinema for an entire year.
How is the winner determined?
A panel of four judges plus a vote by the student body will determine the winning films.
- Judges will consist of a faculty member, a Loyola alumni, and a member of the University Marketing Team.
- Student voting will take place during the day on April 3 and students will have a chance to vote when they visit the Damen Center.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT THE OFFICE OF SPECIAL EVENTS