Is your school or non-profit interested in visiting Loyola University Chicago?
Loyola University Chicago, Chicago Public Schools, and College Access Program Partnerships
A Campus Visit is typically for visiting schools (high schools or middle schools) looking to visit Loyola for a portion of the day. Visitors will engage in a mixture of programs and activities such as the following: Campus Tour, Student Panel, and 1-2 signature workshops (i.e. College Application Process, Preparing Personal Statements, The Role of Diversity & Multicultural Affairs Departments in Promoting Student Success, Social Justice, Financial Literacy, Faculty Engagement and Campus Involvement).
Our goal is to make sure that each participating high school and college access program is supported and assisted in meeting their organizational goals through involvement with this program. Below are questions and discussion items that will help identify concrete expectations for your partnership with Empowerment Pipeline.
- Are you interested in bringing your students to Loyola University Chicago for Empowerment Pipeline? Our goal is to meet your needs, please share topics and information you would like to see covered during your campus visits. Remember our goal is not to primarily recruit students to attend Loyola, but if that happens we are more than happy to serve as a resource. Our main goal is to focus on building self-efficacy and knowledge that can help your students see college as an option.
- What workshops, or topics would you like Empowerment Pipeline Advocates to prepare for your visit (please see next page)?
Schools and non-profits that have visited Loyola:
- Senn High School
- East Village Youth Program
- Chicago Scholars
- Chicago Vocational Academy
- Amundsen High School
- Schurz High School
- EnCompass (St. Louis)
- Project Success (Minnesota)
- Marian Middle School (St. Louis)
- 100 Black Men Project
Interested in coming to Loyola University Chicago?
Should you be interested in scheduling a campus visit with your students, please use the following link to learn more about campus visits, dates, and times: https://goo.gl/forms/DmN1U7cXV5pWChK73
If you are interested in seeing a sample schedule for campus visits, please use the following link: http://bit.ly/2tlsUAU
For more information please contact Hannah Goheen at 773.508.3335.