Unity in Diversity Fund
The Unity in Diversity Fund is intended to support and cultivate educational events, programs, activities and educational opportunities that specifically address social justice and human diversity programming for the Loyola community. Through this exciting opportunity, the university aims to consolidate and advance social justice issues and multicultural education as well as to increase the overall campus climate for diversity.
Funding from the Unity in Diversity Fund is available to Loyola student organizations for events that address social justice issues and diversity topics at Loyola University Chicago.
Application and Application Process
- Review the UID Fund Guidelines and Criteria carefully for information about required documentation and funding requirements. NOTE: The UID Fund Criteria & Guidelines have recently changed so be sure to review them.
- A pre-meeting must accompany any submissions.
- Select the appropriate deadline for your program or event. You must choose the deadline that allows at least 7 weeks for the processing of paperwork for proposals with contracts or 4 weeks for proposals without contracts. Access the Substitute W-9, Performance Contract, and Independent Supplier Contract Form.
- Fill out the Unity in Diversity Fund Proposal Form on LUCommunity and submit by 5:00 p.m. on the submission deadline (see below).
- If funded, you must schedule a meeting with SDMA staff to discuss purchasing.
- If the request is funded, recipients must complete a post-event evaluation within 10 business days of the end of the event. Failure to return the complete evaluation may jeopardize future funding requests.
Completed applications will be reviewed by the Department of Student Diversity & Multicultural Affairs the week following the deadline.
Decisions will be sent out 2 weeks from the deadline.
SPOT 1: September 18th
SPOT 2: October 16th
SPOT 3: November 13th (for spring events only)
Spring 2022 - TBD
Questions? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.