Loyola University > Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion > Communications > Search Update on VP of Institutional DEI - Position Profile
Search Update on VP of Institutional DEI - Position Profile
April 15, 2021
Dear Loyola Community,
I am pleased to announce that the Search Committee for the Vice President of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (VP of Institutional DEI), with assistance from Koya Partners, has finalized the Position Profile for the inaugural VP of Institutional DEI at Loyola University Chicago. It can be found here.
In addition to their work with our Search Committee, Koya Partners also hosted five listening sessions to inform the Position Profile. These sessions included conversations with constituents from the University Senate, Student Senate, various identity-based student organizations, the Black Alumni Board, and the Division of Student Development. These conversations were integral to the development of the Position Profile.
The incoming VP of Institutional DEI will create the vision for diversity, equity, and inclusion at Loyola and will lead the development, implementation, and assessment of strategy. It is our hope that Loyola will become a powerful example for other higher education institutions striving to become more equitable, inclusive, and justice-oriented.
As the Search Committee, along with Koya Partners, begins to solicit interest in the role and assess candidates, I want to reiterate that our committee’s goal is to find a VP of Institutional DEI who will foster a climate and culture at the institution that supports growth and development, access, and opportunity for every Loyolan. In collaboration with students, faculty, and administrative leadership, this leader will ensure that this vision is fully aligned with institutional mission; strategy; values; and the Jesuit, Catholic tradition, today and well into the future.
The next steps of this journey will be exciting, and the committee has a lot of work to do. The committee members include:
- Badia Ahad, Vice Provost, Faculty Affairs
- Jocelyn Arroyo, Undergraduate student
- Qunfeng Dong, Professor and Director, Center for Biomedical Informatics
- Tobyn Friar, Director, Financial Aid
- Seth Green, Founding Director, Baumhart Center
- John Hardt, Vice Dean of Professional Formation and Associate Professor
- Tavis Jules, Associate Professor and Chair, Faculty Council
- Susan Malisch, Vice President and Chief Information Officer
- Kennedy Mallory, undergraduate student
- Tom Neitzke, SJ, Dean, Arrupe College
- Amy Nelson Christensen, Clinical Assistant Professor and Chair, Anti-Racism Initiative (ARI)
- Jamie Patrianakos, graduate student
- Abigail Silva, Assistant Professor, Faculty Association
- Shweta Singh, Associate Professor
Our committee is fully prepared and equipped to find the right candidate to meet this very critical moment in our University’s history. I look forward to providing more updates about our search in the weeks ahead.
Malik S. Henfield, PhD
Professor and Founding Dean of the Institute for Racial Justice
Chair of the Search Committee for the Vice President of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion