The Executive Council on Diversity and Inclusion is excited to announce that the 2019 MLK Celebration took place during the week of January 21, 2019! The theme for 2019, MLK Celebration: Addressing Disparity through Awareness, Advocacy and Action was reflected across a series of events and activities.
- Service Days
- January 21, 24 and 25 (Chicagoland)
- Loyola faculty, staff, and students
- Interfaith Dialogue - January 22 (LSC)
- 5:30PM - 7:00PM | Information Commons 4th Floor
- Lakeside Key Note Speaker - January 23 (WTC/LSC)
- Broderick Johnson, Esq
- 11:45AM - 1:00PM (Luncheon - WTC)
- Kasbeer Hall (Corboy Law Center)
- Key Note Presentation and Discussion (LSC)
- 5:30PM - 7:00PM
- Sister Jean Multipurpose Room
- HSD Keynote Speaker (Documentary Screening & Discussion) - January 24
- David Ansell, MD
- 5:30PM - 8:00PM
- Tobin Hall (Stritch School of Medicine)
- Documentary: The Power to Heal
Checkout the 2019 MLK Celebration Poster for additional information.
Note: Accessibility services were available, learn more online.
MLK Celebration Photos
Interested in seeing photos from the MLK Service Days and events? Checkout the online collection.