Signature Events & Activities Series
Desiring some peace and quiet?
Mission and Ministry invites you to consider experiencing two days of your time dedicated to quiet and reflection during the Mission Retreat on Ignatian Contemplation retreat.
- This retreat provides the opportunity to step away from online connections and meetings on campus.
- You are able to spend time in meditation and rest.
- The retreat has been well received from a variety of Loyolans.
The retreat is held at the Loyola University Chicago Retreat and Ecology Center (LUREC) beginning Monday evening, May 15, 2017 and concludes on Wednesday evening, May 17, 2017. Additional details are available on the Mission and Ministry website.
Holy Sex Talk: Faith and Intimacy
Holy Sex Talk: A Conversation about Faith and Intimacy (Tuesday, April 25, 2017 at 6 p.m. | Damen Den at the Lake Shore Campus in the Damen Student Center)
- Join Campus Ministry for a discussion about the intersection of faith and intimacy. Representatives from the Catholic, Jewish, and Muslim faith traditions will be present to answer questions after the panel discussion.
Survivor Ally Training
Come join us for this training on how to be a supportive friend/partner to a survivor of sexual assault. Attendees will learn skills to respond to and support a friend who discloses that they have experienced sexual assault, dating violence, or stalking.
- Additional details are available on the Community Coordinated Response Team website.
Violence and Displacement in Latin America
Please join the Center for the Human Rights of Children (CHRC) and Faculty Fellow professor Maria Vidal de Haymes on April 25, 2017 for a brown-bag seminar on violence and displacement in a Latin American context.
- Additional details are available on the CHRC website.
The Executive Council on Diversity and Inclusion is excited to showcase a series of upcoming events highlights the importance of civic engagement, listening and learning without borders, building healthy, supportive relationships, and respecting intersectionality. Check back here for more details regarding future diversity-focused signature events and activities taking place at Loyola!