Loyola University Chicago is invested in fostering good relationships between University students and our surrounding neighbors. As a valued neighbor, please know that we are available to you if you would like to discuss Loyola students and their presence in the neighborhood.
For questions or concerns during business hours please call 773-508-8840 or email email@example.com. If it’s after business hours and you need to report an emergent issue, please call Campus Safety at 773-508-6039.
If you are interested in filing a formal complaint regarding issues between LUC students and neighbors visit, http://luc.edu/osccr/studentconduct/incidentreport/. All reports are reviewed and processed in a timely manner.
Regardless of the issue or concern, we encourage our neighbors and students to communicate with each other as well as the University. Consistent and open communication will allow for the development of a positive quality of life and local community climate.
We ask both students and neighbors to keep in mind the following avenues for resolution:
- Regardless of the magnitude of the concern, communicate with the University. It can be an effective way to begin addressing the issue. It is recommended that during business hours, concern parties begin by contacting the Office of the Dean of Students.
- If you haven’t already, communicate with the involved parties directly. Informal outreach can be an effective way to mitigate future concerns.
- Talk to neighbors, an organized neighborhood (block club) response has proven to be very successful in addressing student-neighbor concerns.
- Connect and outreach to building landlords. Landlords have proven to be effective partners in addressing student-neighbor related concerns.
- Call Campus Safety for issues occurring after hours or concerns needing an immediate response from the University.
Resource Contact Information
|CAPS (Beat 2432)||caps24.org|
|Off-Campus Student Lifefirstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com|
|Office of the Dean of Students||773.508.8840||luc.edu/dos|
|Office of Student Conduct & Conflict Resolution (OSCCR) or to file a firstname.lastname@example.org|