Faculty and Staff Directory
Fujimoto, Ken A.
Title/s: Assistant Professor
Specialty Area: Nonparametric Item Response Theory; Bayesian Nonparametric Data Analysis; Educational and Psychological Test Design; Multilevel Data Analysis
Office #: Lewis Towers 1037, WTC
CV Link: Fujimoto CV
One area of my research involves developing novel Bayesian nonparametric item response theory (IRT) models to more effectively examine the quality of educational and psychological test data. These models identify and control for when test items function differently across latent subgroups of persons (i.e., differential item functioning) and when correlated method effects are present in the data. Another aspect of my research focuses on evaluating and refining rating instruments that measure the quality of daycare centers and mental health-related constructs.
- Ph.D., University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL
- Research Methodology
- Nonparametric Item Response Theory
- Bayesian Nonparametric Data Analysis
- Educational and Psychological Test Design
- Multilevel Data Analysis
- RMTD 404 Introduction to Educational Statistics
- RMTD 482 Introduction to Linear Models
- Fujimoto, K. A. & Hwang, W.-C. (2014). Acculturative family distancing: Psychometric analysis with the extended two-tier IRT. Psychological Assessment, 26(2), 493-512.
- Fujimoto, K. A. & Karabatsos, G. (2014). Dependent Dirichlet process rating model. Applied Psychological Measurement, 38(3), 217–228.