Faculty and Staff Directory
Morgan, Demetri L.
I am currently an Assistant Professor of Higher Education at the Loyola University Chicago School of Education. My research interests center on the purpose and responsibilities of higher education in a diverse democracy. I seek to understand how colleges and universities create campus climates that build the cultural competencies of students in order to foster lifelong civic and political engagement. Additionally, I explore issues of academic governance and institutional policy in relation to boards of trustees and their influence on the outcomes and success of students. I earned my Ph.D. from the University of Pennsylvania, my M.Ed. in Higher Education and Student Affairs from Indiana University and a B.A. in Political Science from the University of Florida.
I thoroughly enjoy working with students who are committed to helping push higher education institutions to be the best they can be and to respond to the most pressing social issues of our times.
- Ph.D., University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- Higher Education
- International Higher Education
- College Student Political Identity Development
- Community-University Partnerships
- Democratic Responsibilities of Higher Education
- Maximizing the Educational Benefits of Diversity in Higher Education
Professional & Community Affiliations
- American College Personnel Association (ACPA)
- American Educational Research Association (AERA)
- Association for the Study of Higher Education (ASHE)
- National Association of Student Personnel Administrators (NASPA)
- ELPS 432 Multiculturalism for Social Justice in Higher
- ELPS 434 American College Student
- ELPS 454 Budgeting and Finance in Higher Education
- ELPS 459 Organization and Governance in Higher Education
- LePeau, L. A., Morgan, D. L., Zimmerman, H. B., Snipes, J. T., & Marcotte, B., (2015). Connecting to get things done: A conceptual model of the process used to respond to bias incidents. Journal of Diversity in Higher Education
- Morgan, D. L., Zimmerman, H. B., Terrell, T. N., & Marcotte, B., (2015). “Stick With Yourselves, It’s What’s Normal:” The intergroup racial attitudes of senior white fraternity men. Journal of College and Character, 16(2), 103-119.