Faculty and Staff Directory
Dr. Morten Is the Assistant Director for Inclusive Practices within the Greeley Center for Catholic Education. Before her appointment at Loyola, Dr. Morten worked for the Archdiocese of Chicago for 12 years as a teacher, the principal of St. Matthias School, and most recently directing the development of an International Baccalaureate Middle Years Programme at St. Matthias, the first in any Catholic grade school in Illinois. Dr. Morten’s doctoral research focused on the implementation of Professional Learning Communities (PLCs) in Catholic school settings.
In her current position as Assistant Director for Inclusive Practices, Dr. Morten works in partnership with Catholic schools to develop systems and structures to support all learners. Dr. Morten coordinates the All Are Welcome project in collaboration with Aspire to provide education, professional development, and direct service to support students with disabilities and create inclusive educational environments within Catholic schools. Dr. Morten also teaches graduate courses for Loyola’s Catholic Principal Preparation Program and within the Teacher Preparation Program.
- Ed.D. Loyola University Chicago, Chicago, IL
- Administration and Supervision
- Professional Learning Communities
- Inclusive practices in Catholic schools
- Catholic school leadership development
Professional & Community Affiliations
- National Catholic Education Association (NCEA)
- Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development (ASCD)
- International Baccalaureate Organization (IBO)
- CIEP 431 Three Tiered Prevention: Advanced Primary Supports
- TLSC 450 Teaching and Learning in an Area of Specialization
- TLSC 451 Teaching with a Global Framework