Faculty and Staff Directory
Terri Pigott is Associate Provost for Research and a Professor of Research Methodology in the School of Education at Loyola University Chicago. She served as Dean of the School of Education from 2014-2017. Prior to Loyola, she was Associate Program Officer at the Spencer Foundation in Chicago. Dr. Pigott is the former co-Chair and current co-Editor of the Methods Group of the Campbell Collaboration, an international collaboration supporting the production of systematic reviews of social interventions. She has numerous publications on methods of meta-analysis, including work on handling missing data and computing power in meta-analysis. She is also interested in outcome reporting bias in education research, and its implications for systematic review. She serves on a number of editorial boards including Psychological Bulletin, Psychological Methods, and Research Synthesis Methods. She is chair of the AERA SIG on Systematic Review and Meta-analysis, and a long-time member of the Society for Research Synthesis Methodology (SRSM).
- Ph.D., University of Chicago, Chicago, IL
- Research Methodology
- Power analysis for meta-analysis
- Missing data methods for meta-analysis
- Outcome reporting bias in educational research
Professional & Community Affiliations
- American Educational Research Association
- American Psychological Association
- Campbell Collaboration, Methods Group Co-Chair
- Society for Research Synthesis Methodology
- Hedges, L. V., Pigott, T. D., Polanin, J. R., Ryan, A. M., Williams, R. & Tocci, C. (in press). The question of school resources and student achievement: A history and reconsideration. Review of Research in Education: Centennial Edition.
- Polanin, J. & Pigott, T. (2015). The use of meta-analytic statistical significance testing. Research Synthesis Methods, 6, 63-73.
- Pigott, T., & Shepperd, S. (2013). Identifying, documenting, and examining heterogeneity in systematic reviews of complex interventions. Journal of Clinical Epidemiology, 66(11), 1244-1250.
- Pigott, T. D., Valentine, J. C., Polanin, J., Williams, R. & Canada, D. (2013). Outcome bias in education research. Educational Researcher, 42, 424-432.
- Pigott, T. D., Williams, R., & Polanin, J. (2012). Combining individual participant and aggregated data in a meta-analysis with correlations. Research Synthesis Methods, 3(4), 257-268.
- Pigott, T. D. (2012). Advances in meta-analysis. New York, NY: Springer-Verlag.