Application Deadline and Contacts
Spring: October 15
- For application related questions, contact: Brittney Marshall, Enrollment Advisor
- A Completed Application Form
You may submit your application form online.
- Official Transcripts
Applicants must submit official transcripts for all undergraduate and any graduate work. To be eligible for admission, your transcript must show an earned bachelor's degree or a bachelor’s degree in progress. Certified copies of transcripts are acceptable; faxed copies of transcripts are not considered official. If you attended Loyola University Chicago previously, you do not need to request transcripts; we have them on record. Transcripts must show a GPA of at least a 3.0.
In exceptional cases, applicants whose undergraduate GPA is below 3.0 may be admitted. Each program area gives meaningful consideration to the applicant's graduate GPA, recommendations, professional experience and reasons for pursuing a graduate program, as well as to the diversity of the student body.
- A Personal Statement
Your statement should be 1-3 pages, and you should describe your:
- Academic and research interests, as well as your professional goals;
- Life experiences that have influenced your view of social justice;
- Any research and professional experiences.
- Include how you have demonstrated transformational leadership throughout your P-12 experience
- Illinois Teaching License
Proof of teaching or work experience must be submitted. A letter from the Ministry of Education or a local agency may be used for confirmation of work experience. At least two years of teaching or work experience relevant to your professional goals in a school or community organization or agency must be documented and submitted.