Loyola University Chicago

School of Education

Supporting Materials FAQs

Official university/college transcripts bearing the official seal of the institution and the signature of the registrar are required for all previous post-secondary education. Certified copies are acceptable; photocopies are not.

I'm an international applicant. Do I need to have official transcripts sent as a part of my application? Yes, official transcripts are required for international applicants, even if the transcripts are not written in English. International applicants are also required to complete an evaluation through Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc. (ECE). This process verifies whether the degree earned is the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor's degree.

The letters of recommendation may be professional or academic. You should ask three people who can speak to why you are a good candidate for the program to which you have applied and/or have traits that would make you a valuable professional in the field.

The statement of purpose needs to be clear and thorough, yet concise. The length of the essay should only be 1-3 pages, double-spaced.

If you take the exam more than once, we consider your highest composite score.