EdD in School Psychology
This blended program is designed for practicing school psychologists who wish to advance their careers by obtaining a doctoral degree and was developed to meet the needs of practicing school psychologists to become more informed professionals and leaders within the educational community.
Applicants to the EdD program in School Psychology must hold a valid Professional Educator License in IL or hold a school psychology license in another state and be eligible to obtain licensure as a school psychologist in Illinois (see Admission page for details).
The courses offered in the fall and spring semesters are online. Students are expected to take courses during the summer, which are online and on campus at the Water Tower campus.
- Take courses in an online blended format during the fall and spring semesters.
- Take courses in an online blended format and/or on campus during summer sessions.
- Study with a supportive cohort of students who move together through the program.
- Graduate from a highly respected university with a strong service and social justice mission.
- Option to obtain additional certifications as a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) or Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC) in the state of Illinois.
- Think systematically within the education system.
- Analyze and interpret systems-level data.
- Develop leadership potential.
- Implement and evaluate evidence-based practices.
- Further knowledge of inequity within the larger educational community and develop skills to become agents of change.
Explore the program
The School Psychology Program Distinguished Alumnus/a Award is awarded for outstanding contributions to the profession and the school. It is presented annually at the School of Education’s Fall Alumni Reception.
The U.S. Department of Education requires any institution offering distance education/online programs to students outside of its home state to acquire authorization from the states in which students reside. Regulations vary from state to state. While Loyola University Chicago is authorized, exempt or pursuing authorization in most states, some restrictions apply. Please see our State Authorization page for the most up-to-date information.