Loyola University Chicago

School of Education


Superintendent Endorsement (Lake County)

Application Deadlines:
Summer 2019: April 14 

A Completed Application Form
You may submit your application form online

Official Transcripts

Applicants must submit official transcripts for all undergraduate and any graduate work. To be eligible for admission, your transcript must show an earned bachelor's degree or a bachelor’s degree in progress. Certified copies of transcripts are acceptable; faxed copies of transcripts are not considered official. If you attended Loyola University Chicago previously, you do not need to request transcripts; we have them on record.

Transcripts must show a GPA of at least a 3.0. In exceptional cases, applicants whose undergraduate GPA is below 3.0 may be admitted. Each program area gives meaningful consideration to the applicant's graduate GPA, recommendations, professional experience and reasons for pursuing a graduate program, as well as to the diversity of the student body.

Three Letters of Recommendation
If you supply your recommender’s email address as part of your completed online application form, then your recommendation letters may be submitted online. Or, your recommenders may choose to mail them to:

Graduate & Professional Enrollment Management
820 N. Michigan Ave.
Chicago, IL 60611

We ask that you submit only three letters, no more, no less.

A Personal Statement
Your statement should be 1-3 pages, and you should describe your:

1. Academic and research interests, as well as your professional goals;

2. Life experiences that have influenced your view of social justice.

Your resume should highlight work experience relevant to your professional goals and indicate an Illinois Professional Educator License with a general administrative or principal endorsement or a comparable out-of-state credential along with at least two years administrative experience and a doctoral degree.

Illinois Professional Educator License
with Teaching and Principal Endorsements

Proof of a Professional Educator License with teaching and principal (or general administrative) endorsements should be submitted.