Title/s: Associate Professor
Specialty Area: Instructional Design, Program Evaluation, Organizational Performance Improvement, Data Analytics
Office #: Lewis Towers 1136, WTC
CV Link: Ensminger CV
- PhD, University of South Alabama, Mobile, AL
- Curriculum and Instruction
- Teaching and Learning
- Research Methods
- Organizational Change
- Organizational Learning
- Evaluation Practice and Teaching
- Student Learning
Professional & Community Affiliations
American Evaluation Association
- Sequence 1( TLSC 110, 120, 130): Introduction to the Profession
- CIEP 488: Participatory Action Research in Schools and Communities
- RMTD 406: Program Evaluation
- Loyola University Chicago, School of Education Distinguished Faculty Award for Excellence in Teaching (2017)
- Paydon, M. E., Ensminger, D. C., Dekluyver, M. (in press) Applying evaluative inquiry: Experience and recommendations from the field. Performance Improvement.
- Mahmoud, F., Sullivan, T.P., Ensminger, D.C., Aziz, A., Alsabban, A., Demos, T.C., Lim Dunham, J.E., (2020) Performance-based assessment in a pre-clinical medical school chest radiology curriculum: Student achievement and attitudes. Journal of Contemporary Medical Education, 10(3), 94-101.
- Ferrell, E., W., Ensminger, D.C., Coleman, E., (2019). Changing the doctoral student-dissertation chair relationship through the article dissertation format. Mid-Western Educational Researcher, 31(2) 166-185.
- Wade, J., Baltman, M., Kallemeyn, L., Ensminger, D.C., Rempert, T. (2016) Unified outcomes project: Using coaching and communities of or practice to build evaluation capacity. The Foundation Review
- Lim-Dunham, J.,E., Ensminger, D., C., McNulty, J., A., Hoyt, A., M., and Chandrasekhar, A., J. (2016). A vertically integrated on-line radiology curriculum developed as a cognitive apprenticeship: Impact on student performance and learning. Academic Radiology, 23(2), 252-261.
- Ensminger, D. C., Kallemeyn, L. M., Rempert, T. Wade, J., Polanin, M. (2015) Case study of an evaluation coaching model: Exploring the role of the evaluator. Evaluation and Program Planning. 49. 124-136.
- Gaubatz, J., Ensminger, D.C. (2015) Department chairs as change agents: Leading change in resistant environments. Educational Management Administration and Leadership. 1-23.