Pesce, Rosario C.
Title/s: Clinical Assistant Professor;
Coordinator of Clinical Training - School Psychology
Specialty Area: School Psychology; Clinical Psychology
Office #: Lewis Towers 1149, WTC
CV Link: Pesce CV
Dr. Rosario Pesce received his Bachelors of Science in Psychology from Loyola University Chicago, his Masters of Science in Psychology from De Paul University, his Masters of Education in Educational Administration from Northeastern Illinois University and his Doctorate in School Psychology from Loyola University Chicago.
Dr. Pesce is retired from the J. Sterling Morton High Schools where he served as Student Assistance Program Coordinator and District School Psychologist. He has had extensive experience in crisis response and community violence prevention. He serves as a governor appointee on the Illinois Children’s Mental Health Partnership and was on the writing team for the Illinois State Board of Education’s social emotional learning standards. He is Past-President of the Illinois School Psychologists Association. He has published on school gang prevention, school/community mental health services and school crisis prevention and intervention.
- PhD, Loyola University Chicago, Chicago, IL
- School Psychology
- School Crisis Prevention and Intervention
- Addressing Trauma in Schools
- School and Community Violence Prevention
Professional & Community Affiliations
- National Association of School Psychologists, School Safety and Crisis Response Committee, Advocacy and Promotion Subcommittee Co-Chair
- American Psychological Association, Life Member
- Illinois Children's Mental Health Partnership
- Cicero Community Collaborative, Health/Safety and Education Committees
- Prevention Partnership, Board of Directors
- CIEP 461/463: School Psychology Practicum
- Loyola University Chicago School of Education Janell Hutcherson Distinguished Service Award for 2020
- Lifetime Achievement Award, Youth Crossroads, Berwyn IL, 2018
- Award for Excellence, Crisis Management in Schools Interest Group, National Association of School Psychologists, 2016
- Illinois School Psychologists Association Life Member Award, 2015
- Brock, S. E., Nickerson, A. B., Reeves, M. A., Conolly-Wilson, C., Jimerson, S. R., Pesce, R. C., Lazzaro, B. R. (2016) School Crisis Prevention and Intervention: The PREPaRE Model (2nd. ed). Bethesda, MD: National Association of School Psychologists.
- Pesce, R. C. (2016) School climate and culture: safety teams prevent, intervene.The Illinois School Board Journal, 84(6), 13-16.