Teacher Preparation Internship Experience
- Teacher Preparation Internship Handbook (docx)
- Secondary Teacher Preparation Internship Handbook (docx)
This unique opportunity is the summative effort of partnerships between Loyola University and its TLLSC partner institutions. It serves as the culminating piece to the intensive field-based preparation candidates acquire in the time leading up to this experience. This extensive practice in the art of teaching, learning and leading under the mentorship of master classroom teachers and the support of university instructors and coaches is the final step in a candidate’s transition into the teaching role. For two full days each week during the Fall semester candidates will begin the process of co-teaching and planning at their internship site. The goal of this collaboration will be not only to introduce the candidate to the setting for a stronger transition into the student-teaching portion of the experience to take place five days a week the following Spring, but also to provide the candidate with the access and support necessary in developing and implementing effective instruction.
Applications must be submitted a year in advance of the semester in which you plan to do your internship. The deadlines are:
- October 1 for Fall/Fall Semester Internship*
- June 15th Secondary Education Graduate Candidates completing Spring/Summer Internships*
* Mandatory pre-internship teaching meeting 2 - 3 weeks prior to the application deadline. Will be notified by e-mail with specific dates and information. If you cannot attend this meeting, please contact the Director of School and Community Services directly to make alternative meeting arrangements.
|One-Year Internship Forms**|
**documents are MS Word format