MEd in Higher Education
Higher Education Change Agents Wanted!
The Loyola University Chicago Higher Education program offers a Master’s Degree Program. The goal of the program is to advance social justice through higher education.
Loyola Higher Education faculty and students recognize the power of alternative ways of knowing and being and stress the significance of students’ experiential knowledge. Students in this program explore the fundamental importance of power, identity, intersectionality, advocacy, and activism in higher education. Our faculty specialize in a broad range of topics including but not limited to:
- Social justice and education
- Critical theory and pedagogy
- Contexts of activism in education
- Identity formation
- Student development
- Multiracial students’ experiences in education
- Undocumented students’ experiences in education
- African American and Latinx experiences in education
- Academic labor
- International higher education
- Democracy and education
- Community college issues