MA in Research Methodology
Individuals considering future doctoral study may wish to select the MA degree because the thesis requirement offers an opportunity to conduct independent research.
The MA degree program is best suited to students who enter with strong research backgrounds and have a scholarly agenda involving significant empirical publication prior to undertaking doctoral work. The program emphasizes a broad range of research methods including both quantitative and qualitative methods. This degree is conferred by The Graduate School.
- Conduct research for a master's thesis and prepare for a doctoral program.
- Complete the program in as few as three semesters.
- Study at a highly respected university, with faculty who are leaders in their fields.
- Evaluate critically bodies of knowledge in research methodologies from a variety of methodological traditions.
- Understand the assumptions of different methodological approaches.
- Use computer software to implement a wide range of analyses.
- Interpret evidence appropriately from a variety of methodological traditions.
- Assist with all stages of a research study in applied settings.
- Engage in ethical, just, and culturally competent research practices
Explore the program
The Research Methodology Program Distinguished Alumnus/a Award is given for outstanding contributions to the profession and the school. It is presented annually at the Loyola School of Education’s Fall Alumni Reception.