Explore the program
BSEd in Early Childhood Special Education
- Graduate with eligibility to receive an Illinois teaching license with the following endorsements/credentials: 1) Early childhood education for birth to age 8; 2) Early childhood special education for birth to age 8; 3) English as a Second Language (ESL)
- Prepare for credentialing in Early Intervention by the Illinois Department of Human Services and an Initial Credential in Developmental Therapy.
- Earn Level 5 Illinois Early Childhood Education and Infant/Toddler credentials through partnership with Gateways to Opportunity.
- Experience immersive, field-based courses and collaborative approach in Loyola's newly redeveloped teacher prep program.
- Candidates will apply deep understanding of both content and pedagogy to provide developmentally appropriate instruction to all students.
- Candidates will hold high expectations and build on the assets of diverse students.
- Candidates will utilize information from theories and related research-based practices when making decisions and taking action in their professional practice.
- Candidates will use data to drive instruction and assess teaching and learning effectiveness.
For additional information on billing, payment, and policies, please visit the Office of the Bursar. For information on financial aid and scholarship opportunities, visit Loyola's Financial Aid Office and through the School of Education.
For additional information on billing, payment, and policies, please visit the Office of the Bursar. For information on financial aid and scholarship opportunities, visit Loyola's Financial Aid Office and Financial Assistance through the School of Education.