- Office Location: Crown Center 413
- Phone Number: 773.508.2249
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Chair of English Department (2008-2018)
- President of the D.H. Lawrence Society of North America 2016-18
- First Vice-President of Joseph Conrad Society of North America 2018-20
- Director of University Honors Program 1986-2008
- PhD, Northwestern University
- Twentieth-Century Literature and Culture
- British Literature and Culture
- Twentieth-Century Aesthetic Movements
- Cultural Studies
- Publishing History
- Conrad, Joyce, and Lawrence
- Violence Without God: The Rhetorical Despair of Twentieth-Century Writers. Bloomsbury Academic, 2016.
- Who Paid for Modernism: Art, Money, and the Fiction of Conrad, Joyce, Lawrence. University of Arkansas Press, 1997.
- Laura Riding: A Bibliography. Garland, 1981.
- Laura Riding’s Pursuit of Truth. Ohio University Press, 1974.
- “How Lawrence Launched His Career in London,” Special Issue: “Lawrence and London,” Journal of D.H. Lawrence Studies. Forthcoming.
- “Under Western Eyes and Terrorism Today,” Conradiana 49.1. Forthcoming.
- “Conrad’s Erotic Women,” College Literature 45.3 (2018). 424-448.
- “Book Publishers.” D.H. Lawrence in Context. Ed. Andrew Harrison. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2018. 37-46.
- “Beyond Pacifism: Teaching World War I Literature from Left to Right.” Pedagogy 17.3 (2017): 541-547.
- “Joseph Conrad and Terrorism Today”