- Office Location: Loyola Hall 215
- Phone Number: 773.508.2798
- E-mail: email@example.com
Laura Goldstein has taught at Loyola since 2005, as a lecturer since 2012, and was promoted to the position of Advanced Lecturer in 2016. She regularly teaches UCWR 110, UCLR 100 and English 317. A published poet, Laura's first book of poetry "loaded arc" was released in 2013, and her second book "awesome camera" in 2014. She co-curates the Red Rover Reading Series in Chicago and is an active poet in the Chicago community.
I like to provide a very strong sense of structure for each course, and then let students explore the material together as a community. Although my rules for the classroom are firm, they are in place in order to foster a sense of common ground and respect between students. I function as a facilitator and a guide within these landmarks of subject matter, critical discussions and writing assignments while students are encouraged to find and expand on their own points of view, building their perspectives, modes of thinking, and ways of writing.
- BA, University of Pennsylvania
- MA, Temple University
- MFA, School of the Art Institute of Chicago
- Contemporary Poetry
- Anti-Racist Essays
- Experimental Literature
- awesome camera, Make Now Press, 2014.
- loaded arc, Trembling Pillow Press, 2013.
- safe wars / poet in hell, Damask Press, 2018.
- phylum, Horse Less Press, 2013.
- Inventory, Sona Books, 2012.
- Let Her, Dancing Girl Press, 2012.
- Facts of Light, Plumberries Press, 2010.
- Day of Answers, Tir Aux Pigeons, 2009.
- Ice in Intervals, Hex Press, 2008.
- Poems from the series signals, Elderly Magazine, 2020.
- Seeds, The Denver Quarterly, 2013.
- Awesome Camera, Matter Monthly (online), 2013.
- Sea Here, Din Magazine (online), 2013.
- Ticker, Horse Less Review (online), 2013.
- Procedure and Reversed, MAKE Magazine, 2011.
- Pond, American Letters and Commentary, 2011.
- Another Creature, Requited (online), 2009.
- Nascent, Fission and Sinister Sender, Little Red Leaves, 2009.
- Our Skin and Holy Wars, Text/Sound (online), 2009.
- Captain America, EAOGH (online), 2009.
Reviews and Essays:
- just passing through. Performance Response Journal, 2.0
- Deltron 3030: Hip-Hop as Afro-Futurism, Poetry Crush (online), 2013.
- The Poli: theprecession.org and languages of the internet populace, Jacket2 (online), 2011.
- Author Fail, Big Other (online), 2011.
- Translation as Performance: Caroline Bergvall's Via, How2 (online), 2009.
- Catherine Daly’s Chanteuse/Cantatrice, Cutbank (online), 2008.