Francis L. Fennell
- Office Location: Crown Center 413
- Phone Number: 773.508.2784
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- "Cor ad cor loquitur." --Newman
- Dean, College of Arts & Sciences
- Chair, Department of English
- Editorial Board, Hopkins Quarterly
- BA, University of Rochester (1964)
- MA, Northwestern University (1965)
- PhD, Northwestern University (1968)
- Victorian Literature
- Rhetoric and Composition
- "The Year's Work in Hopkins Studies." Victorian Poetry, vol. 50, no. 3, 2012, pp. 369-378. [Also 2008-2009-2010-2011.]
- "The Triumph of Diversity: Hopkins's 'Pied Beauty.'" In God, Science, Sex, Gender, edited by Aana Vigen and Patricia Jung (U of Illinois P, 2010).
- "Appropriating Hopkins." Renascence, vol. 57, Summer 2005, pp. 323-332.
- "Hopkins and the Pre-Raphaelites." Studies: An Irish Quarterly Review, vol. 90, 2002, pp. 309-320.
- "Musical Responses to Hopkins." Hopkins Quarterly, vol. 28, 2001, pp.3-54.
- The Collegiate English Handbook. 5th edition. Collegiate, 2002.
- Rereading Hopkins: Selected New Essays. U of Victoria P, 1996.
- The Fine Delight: Centenary Essays on the Poetry of Gerard Manley Hopkins. Loyola UP, 1989.
- Dante Gabriel Rossetti: An Annotated Bibliography. Garland, 1982.
- The Rossetti-Leyland Letters: The Correspondence of an Artist and His Patron. Ohio UP, 1978.
- Book on Hopkins's poetry