- Office Location: Crown Center 451
- Phone Number: 773.508.2788
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- BA, U. of Illinois (1972)
- AM (1973) and Ph.D. (1977), Harvard University
- Classical Influences on English Poetry
- Restoration and Eighteenth-Century English Literature
- Samuel Johnson
- “Edmund Waller’s ‘Easy’ Style and the Heroic Couplet,” SEL, vol. 55, 2015, pp. 95-123.
- “Swift’s Politics Reconsidered,” in Editing Lives: Essays in Honor of O M Brack, Jr.. Edited by Jesse G. Swan. Bucknell, 2014, pp. 151-76.
- “Three Contexts for Reading Johnson’s Parliamentary Debates,” in Samuel Johnson: New Contexts for a New Century. Edited by Howard Weinbrot. Huntington Library Press, 2014, pp. 195-216.
- Samuel Johnson's Debates in Parliament, vols. 11-13 of The Yale Edition of the Works of Samuel Johnson. Edited by Thomas Kaminski and Benjamin Hoover. Text edited by O M Brack Jr. Yale University Press, 2012.
- "The Nature of Johnson's Toryism," in The Politics of Samuel Johnson. Edited by Howard Erskine-Hill and Jonathan Clark (Palgrave/Macmillan, 2012, pp. 9-56.
Work in Progress:
- A study of classical influences on English poetry from Edmund Waller through Samuel Johnson.