Catastrophic Explosion/Aircraft Crash
The events of 9/11/01 have shown that terrorist activity is a real threat; very tall buildings can disintegrate with catastrophic effects to the surrounding area. This is especially meaningful for the Water Tower Campus.
Catastrophic explosion / aircraft crash in the Campus vicinity:
- University Authorities will quickly evaluate the need for immediate evacuation and communicate to the University population.
- If advised to evacuate, commence evacuation according to established procedures.
- lock doors and windows;
- secure the building;
- calmly leave immediately.
- Public Safety will direct persons to evacuate in the direction indicated by local authorities.
- Public Safety will ensure all occupants are evacuated and the buildings secured.