- Public Safety will immediately notify the Chicago Police, and University Authorities as directed in the plan.
- Public Safety will dispatch available officers to give direction to occupants in adjacent areas, and assist Chicago Police as needed.
- If advised to evacuate, commence evacuation according to established procedures.
- lock doors and windows;
- secure the building;
- calmly leave immediately.
- Public Safety will direct persons to evacuate in the direction indicated by local authorities.
- Public Safety will ensure all occupants are evacuated and the buildings secured.
- Public Relations is responsible for all contact with the media.
- Dean of Students - establish a hot line to respond to inquiries from parents and relatives.