Loyola University Chicago

English Language Learning Program

Loyola’s ESL program

For Students


International Students   

For information and assistance regarding visa documentation and procedures, please visit International Students & Scholars.

For information about admission to one of Loyola's degree programs, please visit International Admission.


The EllP Program does not provide housing. On-campus housing is available to full-time ELLP Program students. For information about housing costs and application procedure, please visit the Department of Residence Life.

Health Insurance   

According to university policy, all full-time students are required to have health insurance during the academic year. If you already have health insurance that will cover you during your time in Chicago, you will need to submit proof. If you do not have adequate health insurance, the university will automatically enroll you and add the charge to your tuition bill. Summer program students do not have to have health insurance. For more information about Loyola's health insurance requirements and cost, please visit Student Health Insurance.


The State of Illinois requires that students provide the university with evidence of immunity to measles, mumps, rubella, tetanus and diphtheria. Students are asked to safeguard the health of the Loyola community by providing evidence of their immunization or by being immunized. Students without updated immunization records will not be allowed to register. If you received immunizations in your home country, you will need to bring the immunization certificate with you and submit it to the Wellness Center. If you do not have proof of immunizations, you will need to get vaccinated in Chicago. You can get this done at the Wellness Center. More information about immunizations can be found at Wellness Center Immunizations.

Student Services   

The Sullivan Center for Student Services on Loyola's Lake Shore Campus (LSC) is a student-centered facility that consolidates over a dozen student services from across the university and provides students with a ones-stop resource for more efficient and seamless support. The Hub on the first floor of the Sullivan Center can help you with most of your needs, whether you have questions about your tuition bill, health insurance, or how to get your ID card. For more information about the services provided by The Hub or other offices in the Sullivan Center, please visit Sullivan Center for Student Services.