Building Adaptive and Resilient Organizations
Discover your competitive edge
Today, the inability to anticipate and respond to emerging crises and opportunities has upended the global progress and undermined the creation of wealth and prosperity in societies. Leaders continually struggle to balance the benefits and costs of adaptability, and the resilience needed to achieve it.
Addressing these challenges, this virtual program is divided into three parts. The first part will introduce the structure and dynamics of adaptive organizations. The second part will focus on how ambidextrous managers create lasting sources of competition. And the third part will present multi-sector evidence to highlight the process and role of leadership in creating dynamic capabilities to achieve long-running performance.
The material covered in this program is relevant to strategic and tactical decisions on managing risks, building resilience, and adapting to change by senior executives, boards, and chief strategy and planning officers in for-profit, nonprofit, and government sectors of the economy.
- Learn to distinguish the extent to which your company and your own department have been practicing adaptable management.
- Learn how to work within the dynamics of ecosystems, organizations, teams, and leadership to build an adaptive organization.
- Become an ambidextrous leader by mastering the tools for striking an optimal balance in investing in existing assets versus new initiatives.
- Learn the steps to develop and implement the Enterprise Adaptability System (EAS):
- Adaptability questionnaire of your company
- Tools to evaluate and prioritize the costs and benefits of adaptive decisions
- Develop, implement, and review the Enterprise Adaptability System (EAS)
- Structure and dynamics of adaptive organizations: white paper I
- Creating competitive advantage by exploiting existing competencies and exploring new opportunities:
- Optimizing products for existing customers
- Expanding from existing business into “new to the company” business
- Developing breakthroughs and inventing things for the market that don’t yet exist
- Dynamic capability and building sustainable and enduring differentiation strategies
- Managing flexibility and slack resources in different industries: white paper II
|Date: November 4, 2022
Time: Noon - 1:30 p.m. (CT)
Members of the hub or any of its centers receive a special 15% discount.