Strategy is an essential component of every successful business, yet few people actually know how to develop an appropriate strategy that can breed results. Many leaders end up relying on external consultants, internal ‘experts’, or their own “gut feelings” to develop their strategy; unaware of the simple but much-needed balance of intimate knowledge of the organization and an inside understanding of the situation that makes strategizing successful.
Based on over three decades of research and practice, our Performance-Based Strategy course is designed to fix this issue, giving managers real, practical knowledge to make better strategic decisions. Our faculty have developed several tools and techniques that distill the strategizing process into understandable and applicable methods that provide the framework to develop a successful strategy fitted to one’s organization and management team.
- Managers, business owners, entrepreneurs, and individuals with strategic decision-making responsibility
- Professionals from small, medium, and large-sized organizations, in the for profit, not-for-profit, and public sectors, across multiple industries and firms
- Individuals in organizations with time and resource constraints
- Identify and determine the accuracy of your organization’s strategy
- Understand the elements of a viable strategy and a process for assessing your organization’s strategy development
- Analyze and segment a market in the absence of readily available industry data or studies
- Evaluate your product or service portfolio, both in financial and strategic positions, to better allocate resources across product or service lines
- Determine the true-value proposition of your organization and its alignment with customers’ willingness to pay
- Establish strategic priorities for your organization
- Execute the strategy using simple tools for process management
- You will have the opportunity to apply your new tools in real time by drawing form data and information from your organization and markets
- One-on-one coaching session
- What is strategy? Does our organization have one?
- The Market and Four P Tool
- The Bottom-Up Market Sizing Tool
- The Market Segmentation Tool
- The Segment Niching Tool
- The Market Map Tool
- The Product/Service Volume Margin Tool
- The Customer Value Analysis Tool
- The Willingness to Pay Ranking Tool
- The Opportunity Sorting Matrix Tool
- The Milestone Project Management Tool
- The 90-Day Bucket Tool
"Shortest course with greatest value. The content was easy to understand and directly relevant to my job."
Sales Executive, NTT DATA
"The instructors did a fantastic job of making this program accessible and engaging for participants in different fields. I especially really appreciated the 1-on-1 support and look forward to digging deeper into the new tools that were provided."
|ONLINE: June 12 and 19, 2020
Two consecutive Fridays from 8:30 - 11:30 a.m.