Project Management Certificate
Get it done. On time and on budget.
Learn how to manage any type of project, regardless of scope or industry, by enrolling in our Project Management course. Our proven methodology, backed by industry-standard tools approved by the Project Management Institute (PMI), will teach you important skills such as building and managing teams, controlling costs/risks, and solving problems to complete projects on time and on budget.
Participants receive a Project Management Certificate from Loyola’s Quinlan School of Business upon successful completion of the program. Completion fulfills the 35 hours of project management education required for PMP® or CAPM® certification through the Project Management Institute. Individuals considering certification through PMI are encouraged to contact us for consultation.
Participants come from a wide variety of industries/organizations including medium- to large-sized corporations, nonprofits, government agencies, and small businesses. The program is designed for:
- Project managers and team members in need of formal training in project management
- Professionals of all experience levels who want to learn the latest project management tools
- Professionals who are considering transitioning into a project management role
- Understand key project management concepts
- Discover insights for successful team leadership and relationship management
- Learn about fundamental project management tools
Learn how to effectively initiate, plan, and execute a project
Explore project selection methods
Practice cost, quality, and procurement management
Identify techniques for risk management, estimation, conflict management, and negotiation
- Learn about efficient organizational structures and processes
- Understand the phases of initiation, planning, control, and closeout
- Learn about different management and communication styles
- Participate in a team-based project simulation
- Discover your own management style through a self-assessment
Phase 1: Initiate
Define roles/responsibilities. Develop your team, build effective communication skills, and understand team motivations.
Phase 2: Plan
Define project scope, quality, resources, time frame, and budget. Identify quality metrics and develop responses to risk.
Phase 3: Execute, Monitor, Control
Create and manage project with the intent of meeting and exceeding client expectations. Assure quality, track progress, make decisions, and manage change.
Phase 4: Closeout
Close the project: summarize, review, and evaluate what was learned.
Adjunct Faculty, Quinlan School of Business
"For seasoned project managers or newcomers with zero experience, this course gets everyone caught up quickly to develop and deliver key projects. I would recommend this class to project managers at any level, office staff that helps in project administration duties, or anybody who must complete deliverables on a schedule regardless of scope."
Project Manager, Ehret Inc.
"The course was phenomenally executed online and fulfilled all aspects of the in-person iterations of the course. The instruction was knowledgeable and the class interaction was even more engaging in the virtual format."
Campaign Manager, StudioNorth
Dates: Dec. 11-15, 2023
Time: M-F, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Registration deadline: Nov. 27
Dates: Feb. 2 - Mar. 1, 2024
Time: Fridays, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Dates: June 3-7, 2024
Time: M-F, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
For a course consultation, please contact us at 312.915.6780 or firstname.lastname@example.org.