Strategic Business Communication
Quinlan’s Strategic Business Communication program offers an opportunity to enhance personal, professional communication skills. This course explores styles, scenarios, and best practices for effective communication in the workplace. The program is useful for individuals looking to present an effective message across multiple channels, influence across a variety of formal and informal networks, and those looking for an opportunity to learn about their individual communication styles through detailed assessments and experiential learning. Participants will leave with a better understanding of communication and its importance to an organization’s culture and success.
Mid-career professionals and those in a leadership role looking to refine strategic communication strategies
- Learn to present ideas at face-to-face and virtual meetings
- Gain tools to confidently express yourself to colleagues, direct reports, and senior management
- Discover tips to gain support for ideas and suggestions
- Understand how to choose and use current technology to appropriately communicate across the globe
- Leverage constructive disagreement to resolve conflict
- Enhance your ability to persuade others through your writing
- Practice how to deliver difficult messages and achieve desired results
- An ability to communicate effectively across multiple channels
- A mapped assessment for personal communication strategy
- Tools for confidently expressing yourself to colleagues, direct reports, and senior management
Fundamentals of Communications
- Listening Skills
- Broadcasting Your Message Clearly
- Mastering Your Vocabulary
- DiSC Assessment
- Message Design and Building
- Leveraging Data
Influence and Persuasion
- Knowing your Audience
- Building Communication Relationships
- Achieving Goals by Communicating
- Messaging Links to Speed the Message
- Formulating and Delivering Feedback with Impact
- Strengthsfinder Assessment
Speaking & Productivity
- Making Stellar Presentations
- Public Speaking Without Fear
- Myers Briggs Type Indicator Assessment
Adjunct Faculty, Quinlan School of Business
"Communication is so fundamental, it can be difficult to find innovative and fresh angles to increase one’s perspective. This program really highlights nuances that I can take back to my team to improve our organization’s communication and collaboration."
Senior Program Manager, Microsoft
"Loyola's Strategic Business Communication course covered topics that are relevant to communications professionals in most any industry. Content was varied and thought - provoking– highly recommended."
Kevin A. Brown
Argonne National Laboratory
|ONLINE: April 26 – 30, 2021
Meetings take place from 8:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Registration closes April 13, 2021
For a course consultation, please contact us at 312.915.6781 or email@example.com.