Enrolled in an Academic Internship Course
Now that you are enrolled in an academic internship class, your course instructor and internship supervisor will be working together to support your learning and development. This section includes some essential resources to support your experience.
FALL 2020 Mellon Foundation "Unpaid" Academic Internship Funding Opportunity
Are you taking an academic internship this semester and working at an unpaid internship? If the answer is yes, this opportunity might be for you. Ten undergraduate students will be selected to receive $1,500 for the Fall 2020 semester via the Mellon Foundation.
Here are the requirements:
1. Enrolled in an academic internship course - Fall 2020
2. Internship in conjunction with Fall 2020 Academic Internshp Course and unpaid
3. Complete a Google Form application including a 500 word essay
4. Submit (3) reflection papers from your academic internsip course.
5. Provide a copy of your internship Learning Agreement from your Academic Internship course. If it is not required for your Academic Internship course, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and request a copy.
6. Register and present at Virtual Undergraduate Research & Engagement Symposium, April 2021, Registration closes March 2021. More information is forthcoming.
7. Meet a financial need based on Financial Aid Department
Once applications are reviewed, all applicants will be informed whether they have been selected for an in person interview. After the in person interview finalist will be informed that they have been selected as a candidate for the Mellon Foundation funding.
Who can apply?
- Undergraduate students enrolled in an academic internship course in conjunction with an unpaid internship.
When will applications open?
- Tuesday, September 15, 2020
Deadline for application submissions?
- Monday, October 5, 2020 at 9 am.
- Week of October 19th via Zoom (30 minutes)
Notification of Finalists
- Week of November 9th
All final payments are processed through Loyola's account payable department. Student will have to complete all required paperwork in order to receive payments, which can take at least a month to be received.
For more information about the Mellon Foundation "Unpaid" Academic Internship funding opportunity, email Susan Haarman, Associate Director and Service Learning Program Manager, Center for Experiential Learning email@example.com