Piktochart is an easy to use infographic design app that produces high quality infographics. When embedded into your ePortfolio, Piktochart’s infographics can be interactive and visually stimulating.
To create an infographic:
- Create a free account on Piktochart.
- Select the infographic format you would like to use (infographic, report, banner or presentation).
- Choose a free theme and click “Create.”
- Be sure to give your infographic a title at the top of the page.
- Using a pre-designed template, you can easily enter information and text. Simply double click the section you want to edit to enter text, to change a map, or to create a chart.
- On the top toolbar, you can resize, edit and align your text and images.
- On the left side toolbar, you can add graphics (shapes, icons and photos), upload your own images, change the background, insert text boxes, change the style or add tools (charts, maps and videos).
- When you’re finished, you can download, publish or share your infographic by clicking an option in the top right hand corner.
To embed your Piktochart infographic:
- Click “Publish” in the top right hand corner.
- Click “Publish Now.”
- Copy the HTML code that starts with “<iframe.”
- Login to TaskStream and select the Folio/Web Page that you wish to edit.
- Select the area in the left hand navigation panel where you would like to include your infographic.
- Click “Text & Image” in the Add bar at the bottom of the page.
- Click “Source” in the upper left hand corner of the toolbar.
- Paste the embed code for your infographic into the text box.
- Click “Save and Return” and your infographic will be embedded!