Resources for Employers
Connecting Student Talent with YOUR Organization's Opportunities
The Center for Experiential Learning serves as a resource for employer partners and organizations seeking Loyola students as interns. The Academic Internship Coordinator, working with other CEL staff, helps connect students to internship opportunities relevant to their course internship requirements. The staff also helps communicate relevant internship opportunities to appropriate departments, maintains relationships with employer partner organizations, provides internship course support through site visits, and other support services as needed.
Interested in becoming an employer partner? Click here.
Loyola uses its online RamblerLink system to maintain an interactive, searchable database of employer partners, internships, and qualified student intership-seekers. Employers wishing to establish a Ramblerlink account should contact the Career Developement Center.
Managing the Best Internship Experience: Some Suggestions for Employers
- Provide a defined job description with clear responsibilities for the intern.
- Establish clear expectations of job performance, dress and work environment for the position.
- Set expectations for work hours and establish a schedule for work (e.g., 10 - 20 hours a week).
- Understand that the internship experience is an educational experience and, in addition, that the student is likely taking multiple courses each semester.
- Schedule times for periodic review and a final evaluation of performance. Feedback is essential to the learning process.
Download CEL's Employer_Partner_Manual_2011.pdf (PDF)
Link to PDFs of Current Academic Internships Program forms
The National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) offers a number of helpful resources for Employer Partners.
Still more resources and information are available from related professional organization Websites:
- National Association for Experiential Education (NSEE)
- Cooperative Education and Internship Association (CEIA)
- National Commission for Cooperative Education (NCCE)
Loyola's Career Development Center also works with employers seeking Loyola students and graduates as interns and for other employment opportunities. For more information, consult their website.