Faculty Member of the Year
This award honors a faculty member who demonstrates high achievement in three areas: teaching; scholarship or creative work; and service (to the university and wider academy, culture, and public). The award, accompanied by a $2,000 honorarium, is presented at the September Faculty Convocation. Nominations from all schools and all faculty ranks are welcome.
General guidelines for the selection of the Faculty Member of the Year:
1. Demonstrates excellence in the areas of teaching, research/creative activity, and service.
2. Advances the mission and values of Loyola University Chicago.
3. An excellent role model for students and faculty.
- Previous recipients of the award (a list is available here)
- Faculty members who are retiring or leaving the University at the end of this academic year
- Administrators who hold faculty rank.