Ignatian Pedagogy Certificate Program
The Ignatian Pedagogy Certificate program is a year-long series of workshops for Loyola Chicago faculty and staff, designed to touch on each aspect of the Ignatian pedagogical paradigm. Over the course of the certificate program, participants will learn how to enhance and deepen their own pedagogy while becoming versed in the rich 500 year-old tradition of Ignatian pedagogy. The schedule for the 2020-21 Certificate Program will be posted later this summer.
Participants are expected to attend four of the seven seminars, as well as the two mandatory Introduction to Ignatian Pedagogy sessions lead by Jose Mesa, S.J.
Ignatian Pedagogy Seminars
The schedule will be posted later this summer. In the meantime, please check out our Summer 2020 COVID-19 specific teaching and learning workshops.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the historical context and value base that undergird the IP Paradigm
- Call upon a community of colleagues who are knowledgeable about the IP Paradigm
- Consider how their work and teaching reflect the IP Paradigm
- Design programs and courses that incorporate the IP Paradigm
- Enact Ignatian Pedagogy values by serving the community
- Attend Fr Mesa’s presentations about Ignatian Pedagogy
- Attend 4 of 7 seminars
- Post a 350 word response to each seminar attended
- Design or update a syallbus so that it incorporates the IP Paradigm